We were recently shocked when David Hasselhoff (Baywatch, Knight Rider and little else) gave a press conference in a packed room in Madrid to present the festival Celebrate the ’80 and the ’90 with the Hoff with the Hoff, a musical and sports-based three-hour show presented by Hoff himself. If nostalgia of the 80s and 90s doesn’t let you sleep, your ultimate therapy will take place in Navarra on 2, 3 and 4 May. But wait, the best is coming: the line-up is more attractive than five Coachella festivals together. Sorry? Are we all crazy or what? This has definitely conquered use: Vengaboys, SNAP, Samantha Fox, Rick Astley, Dj Sash (¡Ecuador!), Twenty 4 Seven and 2 unlimmited! Here are 10 reasons why we think you shouldn’t miss this:
1. You’re an iconoclast and are convinced that Hoff is closer to star on the second part of Baywatch than to succeed in his Michael Jackson-style rehab.
2. In 2013 Yo Fui a EGB was one of your favorite books.
3. You thought you were never going to ‘Boom, Boom, Boom, I want you in my room’ anymore and this actually caused you insomnia.
4. You’re still using your walkman.
5. You haven’t overcome Sabrina’s tits.
6. As a good myth-maniac, you want a photo with Kit
7. You believe tractor competitions are really fashionable. Celebrate the ’80 and the ’90 with the Hoff with the Hoff is just the musical edge of Acceleration 2014, a festival with many motor races and tons of testosterone.
8. Life after 8bit is nonsense.
9. The music video for Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us by Samantha Fox, shot in Marbella, is in your top 10.
10. You believe that one-hit-wonder artists also have the right to come back (read Rick Astley and Never Gonna Give You Up).
If these points have convinced you, speed up to Navarra. More info here.
Qué: Celebrate de ’80 and ’90 with the Hoff.
When: May 2nd.
Price: 20 euros.
Where: Los Arcos, circuito de Navarra.